A discussion about pregnancy after age 35.
With more and more women postponing childbirth, the experienced ObGyns at Women’s Health Texas want you to have information about pregnancy later in life.
Here are five facts about pregnancy after age 35:
- It can be more difficult to get pregnant. After age 32, a woman’s fertility begins to decrease. If you’re over 35 and trying to get pregnant, request an appointment to see one of our ObGyns if you haven’t gotten pregnant after six months of unprotected sex.
- You are more likely to have a preexisting health condition that can affect pregnancy.
- There is a higher risk of pregnancy complications, including pregnancy with multiples and birth defects such as Down syndrome.
- There is a higher risk of developing complications, including premature or low birthweight babies and a higher rate of C-sections.
- You can take steps before and during pregnancy to have a healthy pregnancy and baby. Women can schedule a preconception planning appointment to get healthy before pregnancy and they can attend regular prenatal appointments during pregnancy.
Our ObGyns have the knowledge and experience to treat high-risk pregnancies. It’s our goal to help you have a healthy and successful pregnancy, thanks to extra prenatal care and attention.
If you would like to learn more about prenatal care for high-risk pregnancies, request an appointment.
Date Published: December 2018