Babyou Childbirth and Infant Care Weekend Class
August 17 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Our Saturday Childbirth and Infant care class is great for first time expectant parents. Learn everything you need to know about relaxation and breathing techniques as well as what to expect during your labor and delivery experience at the hospital. Cost is $130.00 per couple. You must register for the event. Any questions on the class or content please call Babyou at 512-215-4799.
For most folks, this is the course you want! We combine the childbirth and infant care course (most others providers offer them separately), so you get the most of your time and class experience. The course includes:
- Anatomy/physiology of pregnancy and labor
- Labor and birth interventions
- When to call a doctor
- Vaginal and cesarean birth
- Relaxation and breathing techniques
- Choices related to anesthesia
- Birth video
- Gift of Motherhood book
- Tour of Round Rock Medical Center *
Infant Care Content
- Infant behavior and development
- Crying and comforting
- Feeding, bathing and diapering
- Safety issues
Preparing for Childbirth Classes
This part is easy! Our class environment will be fun and relaxed — be sure that you and your coach wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
Also, don’t forget to bring:
- Two pillows — one for the expectant mother, the other for the coach
- Blanket — we will be on the floor for some breathing exercises, so bring a blanket if you prefer
- Snacks and drinks for yourself
- Gift of Motherhood — You will receive this book in the first class, but don’t forget to bring it to the others
Getting to Class
Classes are offered at Oakwood Women’s Centre:
Oakwood Women’s Centre is located at 511 Oakwood Blvd #301. Classes are held in the waiting room. Please come in the front entrance and take the elevator to the third floor. The waiting room is to the right of main desk.
To learn more about the classes, go to: http://babyouchildbirth.com
- This event has passed.