Karen M. Kish, MD
“My goal is to promote the dignity and well-being of women by providing outstanding obstetrical and gynecological care. I strive to preserve and support each woman in her state of life.”
Dr. Kish has been practicing with The OB/GYN Group of Austin since 2005. Prior to this, Dr. Kish practiced at Kaiser Permanente in Los Angeles after completing her residency at UCLA. Dr. Kish received her Bachelor of Science degree from Georgia Tech in 1991. After completing a Post-baccalaureate Special Science Program at the University of Pennsylvania, she received her medical degree from Temple University in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Kish completed her residency in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of California, Los Angeles Medical Center and was Chief Resident her final year of residency.
Dr. Kish greatly enjoys caring for women in all stages of their lives. She manages both routine and high-risk pregnancies as well as complex gynecologic issues including abnormal bleeding, Incontinence, menopause and infertility.
Dr. Kish works closely with Physician Assistant Ashley Rowan.
Board Certified, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology 2005 – Present
Licensed to practice in Texas
- Seton Medical Center, Austin, Texas
- Bailey Square Surgical Center, Westlake, Austin, Texas
- Westlake Medical Center, Austin, Texas
- Arise Medical Center
- Georgia Tech, Atlanta, Georgia – Bachelor of Science, 1991
- University of Pennsylvania – Post-Baccalaureate Special Science Program, 1995
- Temple University School of Medicine in Philadelphia – Medical Doctor, 1999
- University of California at Los Angeles Medical Center – Residency in Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1999-2003 , Chief Resident, 2002-2003
Professional Work History
- The OB/GYN Group of Austin, formerly known as Des Rosiers & Wernecke, Associates, Austin, Texas, 2005-present
- Kaiser Permanente, Multi-specialty Group Practice, Los Angeles, CA 2003-2005
- The American Medical Association
- The Texas Medical Association
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- The Travis County Medical Society
Awards and Honors
Voted by her peers as: One of Austin’s Best Doctors, 2013 Austin Monthly Magazine
Dr Kish is wonderful!
Dr Kish is wonderful! We loved her from the first OB visit. She is very friendly and down-to-earth and made us feel calm and confident in everything from beginning to end including throughout the entire c-section process. I have nothing but positive things to say about her!