March 26 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
With the recent citywide changes due to COVID-19, childbirth classes are being offered virtually through ZOOM. Learn what to expect during childbirth all from the comfort of your home while social distancing. The instructor will be teaching the class live and will be available to answer your questions while streaming the class either using the app on your computer or your phone. You can email the instructor with any questions regarding the class prior to registration.
Birthing Baby Class…
We are happy to offer childbirth instruction to the patients of Renaissance Women’s Group.
We want our childbirth class to help you build confidence in your body’s ability to give birth. You can discuss your fears about labor and birth with the instructor and other couples with the same concerns.
The objective of the class is to have couples walking away feeling prepared and less anxious. The physicians want their patients to be aware of their philosophies, and available birth options, with the opportunity to ask questions.
We will discuss the stages of labor, when to call and go to the hospital for labor, different relaxation techniques, breathing techniques, coaching tips, pain management, and epidurals, medical interventions, vaginal and C-section deliveries, and recovery.
The class is informative, interactive and fun!
- Recommended for patients in their third-trimester
- It is important to register for the class in the fifth month of your pregnancy
- You should plan to finish your class ~ four to six weeks before your due date
- Please wear comfortable clothes
- Plan to eat a meal prior to class, as food is not provided
- Be sure to bring water to drink during class
Contact and Class Information:
TIME: 5:30-8:30 pm
Location: Renaissance Women’s Group
12201 Renfert Way, #215, Austin TX 78758
Instructor: Mondi Lafferty, BSN, RNC-OB
Mondi has 17 years of labor and delivery experience and has been a Nursing Supervisor with Ascension Seton for more than 8 years. She has been involved with 100’s of births over the years and loves educating women on what to expect during labor and delivery.
2 classes offered each month
10 couples per class (15 via ZOOM option dates)
Class fee $100 per couple
Payable thru VENMO: @MondiRN
- …in VENMO phone app –Make a note in “What’s it for?” section
- include your Last Name, Class Date you are requesting/attending, and your Due Date
- Payment must be received 10 days prior to the class
- Refunds are ONLY given if you deliver before the class starts…
RSVP or Class QUESTIONS? …
Tickets are not available as this event has passed.