February 16, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This is a ONE day, 7 hour class on a Saturday, which includes a tour of labor and delivery at Seton Medical Center. This class covers a wide range of topics to include:
- Anatomy and physiology.
- Stages of labor, pushing and birth.
- When to arrive at the hospital and what happens next.
- Variations of labor, medical support, including pain management.
- Planned and unplanned Cesarean birth.
- An overview of breathing and relaxation techniques.
- Relaxation narrative (You’ll get a copy to take home).
- Positions to enhance labor will be demonstrated and practiced.
- Postpartum care and support.
My goal as an educator is for you to feel prepared and confident that you’ll birth your baby with the tools and information you’ll gain in class. Knowledge is power, the more knowledge you have, the better prepared you’ll be!
About the Class Instructor: Jillian Silva
Jillian Silva has over 20 years of experience as a childbirth educator. There is nothing more beautiful and precious than the birth of a baby, I am honored to be part of that process. Austin Childbirth offers both Birth and Postpartum Doula Services. Austin Childbirth is proud to offer the ELLE Tens unit specifically designed for Mom’s in Labor. A TENS unit is a safe drug-free option for pain relief, whether you are planning a medicated or un-medicated birth.
$110 for this Saturday class that includes a tour of the hospital.
Please visit austinchildbirth.com to sign up for classes.
- Classes are from 9:00am-4:00pm
- Dates: 9/21, 10/19, 11/16, 12/14, 1/18/20, 2/15/20, 3/21/20, 4/18/20, 5/16/20, 6/20/20, 8/1/20, 8/15/20, 9/19/20, 10/17/20, 11/21/20, 12/19/20